What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below!
With the opening of the much-anticipated Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney, I am excited to tell you that many of the offerings available at the WDW location are now available online as well!
Head over to www.disneystore.com/MarketplaceCoOp for great new finds from current Marketplace Co-Op stores like Cherry Tree Lane, Disney Centerpiece and Beautifully Disney. There is even a chance (I stress the word chance) that we will see the new Vera Bradley Bouncing Bouquet collection available online in the future as well!
I wanted to let you all know that I have started a Go Fund Me drive to improve the site and, in the (hopefully) near future, purchase the equipment and software necessary to start a podcast. If you enjoy the content you find on the site, a donation in any amount would mean the world to me. Just go to http://www.gofundme.com/3111worlddrive to help us out.
Also, if you are someone you know is a huge Disney fan and has experience in radio shows, podcasting, etc. I would love to talk to you! While a one-woman show is doable, I feel that a conversational podcast is the direction I’d like to go.
Thank you all and have a wonderful day!
Check out http://disneyside.disneyparks.disney.go.com/ to transform your family into a cool Disney stick figure picture! Just look for the “Build Your Disney Side” link on the left side of the page. You can customize each member of your family (even pets). The site is part of this year’s Show Your Disney Side promotion. As a super cool bonus, you get a real, customized window cling made from the image you create! So go ahead…Head over there, make your stick figure family, and then come back and share it on the site! The offer is only good while supplies last so don’t miss this opportunity for a freebie!
I am excited to announce that I was mentioned in Mouseter Planner’s post, awarding me the Liebster Award!
- It means someone is reading me and enjoying what they read. (It’s nice to be noticed!)
- It means other people out there, that I may not have reached otherwise, can now find me.
- It means I can connect with other bloggers that I may not have found otherwise.
The rules are as follows:
- The nominated blogger must link back to the person who nominated them.
- The nominees must answer the 11 questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions.You can not nominate the person who nominated you.
So, thank you, Mouseter Planner! Please check out her blog. And check out her Liebster Award article for more blogs to check out.
Here are my answers to Mouseter Planner’s questions:
- What was the final push to start your blog? There were really two things. First, so many friends, family members, co-workers and even strangers were always telling me that I was the biggest Disney expert they knew and I should really start a website. The other reason was hearing Lou Mongello’s advice that it’s never too late to start following your dreams. I wanted to use my Journalism degree and share my love for Disney, so it made sense.
- How old were you when you first visited Walt Disney World or Disneyland? I was the ripe old age of 18 months when I first visited Walt Disney World.
- What is your best trick for coming up with new material for your blog? I’m a big believer in scouring news and RSS feeds each day. That is the best way to get current information on what’s going on in the World. Also, you can compare
- What attraction would you NOT mind getting stuck on and why? I would not mind if I was stuck on Living with the Land. It’s such a classic and I love the peaceful feeling of the plant and animal life combined with the gentle boat ride. I could hang out on it for a while and not be the least bit bothered!
- What attraction would you never wait more than 10 minutes for? I’d have to say the Gran Fiesta Tour (formerly El Rio Del Tiempo). While it is a fairly fun ride and we almost always go on it, it’s just not that much of a must-see for our family and I usually expect it to pretty much be a walk-on or it’s a no-go.
- What is your favorite time of day to write your blog? I don’t know that I have a specific time of day that I prefer. I mostly just look for a time free from distraction when I’ve got enough energy to concentrate.
- You have been hired to be a Disney character in the parks. Which character? Most definitely Rapunzel. She is so much fun and kids and adults alike have a great time meeting her and taking pictures :)
- Besides a Disney park, where is your favorite vacation destination? We go to Erie, PA every summer. There is a great little amusment and water park there and a camp ground right on the beach of Presque Isle. I just love it!
- Early bird or night owl? I do a lot better in the morning than I do late at night. Once 10 or 11 rolls around, I’m generally ready to turn in.
- What do you find most difficult with maintaining your blog? Finding a balance between work, school (working on my MBA), family and “me-time” can be difficult. The challenge, however, makes me feel accomplished and happy to know I’m doing what I love.
- From any Disney song, what would be your theme song? Oh man, this is a really hard one. I would have to say “That’s How You Know” from Enchanted.
- The Disney Diva
- Dining at Walt Disney World
- Just a Dad With Disney Questions
- Living in a Grown Up World
- Mouse University Online
Then on with the show!
Full Ride-Through: Take A Trip Aboard Seven Dwarf…: http://youtu.be/vMw6lLJWIgA
Be sure to head over to the Disneyland Facebook page to get started on the Disney Parks Digital Easter Egg Hunt. You’ll be collecting digital eggs that each contain clues of where to find the next one. If you participate, come on back and share the details! Happy Easter!
This year, visitors to Darth’s Mall (in Soundstage 1 between the Studio Backlot Tour and Toy Story Midway Mania) will be able to choose from the Carbon Freeze Me and Storm Trooper from last year as well as all new Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot figurines. The Carbon Freeze Me, Storm Trooper and X-Wing Pilots are available for both men and women with more youthful versions of the Princess and Carbon Freeze Me for the younger crowd.
Prices for the figures are $99.95 plus tax and shipping for the 7-inch and $1,499.95 plus tax and shipping for the 16-inch.
Star Wars Weekends 2014 will run May 16-18, May 23-25, May 30-June 1, June 6-8 and June 13-15. Be sure to send your photos of the event and the figurines if you get one to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Video: ‘Let it Go’ Sing-Along from Disney’s ‘Frozen’ Performed at Walt Disney World Resort http://feedly.com/e/Nusl1ulb